How much to ship a car to Hawaii
How much to ship a car to Hawaii with J&S depends on a few factors. Right off the bat, our quote calculator will not give you a quote to Hawaii. However, if you send us a request for contact, we’ll get back to you within a business day with a personalized quote of the cost to ship a car to Hawaii.
If you need to know immediately, we suggest you get a quote that goes to one of the major port cities along the west coast, and then add $1,200-$1,300 dollars. That’s a good ballpark of how much your auto transport quote to Hawaii will end up costing.
Shipping vehicles to Hawaii is a big business. Hundreds of vehicles get shipped in and out of the islands year round. Moving to Hawaii can get really expensive, and since transporting vehicles involves ocean travel, costs pile up very quickly.
How much to ship a car to Hawaii depends on a few factors. First and foremost is where the vehicle is being picked up from at the start of the transport. The further the transport, the more expensive it will be.
The other major contributor to the cost to ship a car is the size of the vehicle. Cars cost the least; crossovers, small SUVs and pickups and minivans are more expensive, and large SUVs and pickups cost the most to ship.
How long it takes to ship a car to Hawaii depends on weather conditions, but it can take up to six weeks for your vehicle to arrive in Hawaii. In a best case scenario, it normally takes three weeks to get a car to Hawaii
Find a auto transport company to ship your car to Hawaii
Ok, so you’ve figured out about how much to ship a car to Hawaii, now how do you find a reputable car shipping company to get your vehicle delivered? Well, as is the case with any auto transport, you need to do some research on the companies you’re interested in. Here’s a brief list of to-do’s to help you find the best company for your auto transport to Hawaii:
- Check third party review sites to see what actual customers have to say.
- Check their rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- Check their safety rating with the FMCSA.
- Pick your company and book your auto transport order at least 10 days before you need the vehicle picked up.
Preparing to ship a car to Hawaii
These are some of the preparations most auto carriers need you to do:
- You must leave a copy of keys for all locking compartments, including the gas tank and glove box, and keys for the ignition and trunk.
- Have a copy of the original title and registration for the vehicle. Financed or leased vehicles will require a notarized copy of acknowledgment of shipping from the bank.
- Your vehicle must be completely emptied of all personal possessions, including the trunk.
- There must be no more than a 1/8 tank of gas in the vehicle.
- The car must be in working condition.
- Any alarm systems must be disconnected before shipment.
Taking care of these points before your vehicle is picked up by your auto hauler will help to create a more efficient shipping experience.Call us for an auto transport quote to ship your car to Hawaii!
J&S has shipped hundreds of vehicles to and from Hawaii (and other Pacific Islands) and we’ve got the expertise and know-how to get your car there and back safely and quickly. Get your Hawaii auto transport quote today!