These terms and conditions apply to customers (Customer) of J & S Transportation (J&S). Your use of this website to place your order online or by telephone signifies your agreement:
1. J&S Transportation (J&S) agrees to transport vehicle(s) that are described in the transportation quote provided on or about the dates requested. J&S agrees to make every reasonable effort to comply with pickup and deliveries in the most timely manner, however J&S cannot guarantee specific times and dates of delivery. J&S or its subcontractors are not liable for any claim or loss of services in the event of late pickups or deliveries. J&S website or staff may provide a forecast of delivery time with a likely minimum and maximum number of days to delivery, starting from the date your vehicle is available for pickup. In the event that days until delivery exceeds 29 days from the date your vehicle is available for pickup, Customer is eligible for 10% refund on total cost of the shipment. Customer must contact J&S within 30 days of delivery to request refund.
2. The Customer authorizing transport is the legal owner and /or has permission to transport the vehicle. J&S Transportation will not be held liable for any transportation of stolen vehicles.
3. Any misrepresentation of the vehicle could be subject to additional charges payable by the Customer.
4. It is understood and acknowledged that if transporter (J&S or subcontractors) is unable to meet the customer at their desired location for pickup or delivery, then another safe and secure location must be available for the transporter.
5. It is understood that J&S will not be liable for or reimburse any auto rentals, storage fees, or any other additional expenses incurred.
6. Customer understands and acknowledges that insurance coverage may come from J&S or another subcontractors insurance to cover a claim if one should arise.
7. Customer agrees and acknowledges that the vehicle must be ready for transport and follow all criteria outlined on website. J&S and any subcontractors are not responsible for any personal property left in the vehicle.
8. In no event shall J&S or its agents be liable for any damage to vehicles except for damages to vehicles actually transported and only to the extent that such damages were caused by negligence or misconduct. All Bill of Ladings must have signature at time of pickup and delivery and any such damage must be notated on the bill of lading. Signing Bill of Lading at time of delivery without any notation shall be evidence of satisfactory damage free delivery of the vehicle. Customer must follow J&S damage claim policy when filing a claim.
9. J&S and its subcontractors are not responsible nor will have any liability for claims of the following nature: Damage caused by leaking fluids, battery acids, cooling system antifreeze solutions, industrial fall-out or fall-out resulting from Acts of Nature and/or Acts of God. To include, but not be limited to: sandstorms, hailstorms, tornadoes and hurricanes. Damage or loss of loose parts or special equipments when not listed on the Bill of Lading and/or when not properly wrapped, stored or secure as to prevent loss of damage. Mechanical malfunctions exhaust assemblies, alignments, suspension or tuning of engine, because inspections of these items are not practical at time of shipment. Damage caused by freezing of cooling systems and/or batteries, protection from freezing will be furnished by and at the expense of the shipper. Damages to the exteriors of a vehicle where the paint is not broken, paint scrapes 1″ long or less or an isolated “chip” in the paint is not covered. This also includes paint swirls, flat tires or missing hubcaps. J&S Transportation and its subcontractors are not responsible for any non factory accessories such as; after market stereos and equipment, phones, radar detectors, and any other personal items.
10. All transportation fees must be U.S currency and be paid in full at time of pickup and will be charged immediately to credit card on file. If the card is declined at this point a reprocessing fee of $20 will be charged. The customer will be contacted and informed of the additional fee. Card on file is the credit card given to process the initial down payment of transport. J&S Transportation accepts all major credit cards. All credit cards will be processed by Strip
11. If cancellation occurs after initial phone verification of order, there will be no refund of the original down payment.
12. J&S Transportation requires that we are the only transport company hired. If at any time it is found that another transport company (carrier or broker) is working on the same move, J&S will cease efforts to ship your vehicle and no refund will be given to the customer. Having multiple transport companies assist with the same move is a huge problem and only hinders the process. J&S refuses to participate when other transport companies are involved.