Auto haulers or auto transport brokers?
Why use a car transporter instead of driving it yourself?
- It can save you time and money.
- It can save wear and tear on your vehicle.
- It can save you from the tedium and frustration of a long-distance road trip.
Why use a transporter instead of broker?
- Costumer Service: When you transport your car with a reputable car transport service, you are a person, not just a piece of freight. You will be able to talk to a person who has experience in the auto shipping industry. Often, when you call an auto transport broker you will be speaking to a person in a telemarketing call center.
- Communication: When you book with an independent auto hauling company, you will be able to deal with the same company and often the same person from the beginning to the end of your interstate car transport experience. If you go through a broker, they will farm out your order to a sub-contractor whom you may have no knowledge of or contact with at any time.
- Consistency: When you hire car carriers to transport your vehicle, you will deal with the same company throughout your auto shipping experience. Good auto transporters will tell you what their capabilities are, not necessarily what you want to hear. You will get an auto transport quote they can complete and good pickup and delivery estimates.
That is not always the case if you go through an auto transport broker. After the job is passed on to the car shipping carrier, the broker steps out of the picture. If a problem arises with either pickup or delivery of your vehicle, it is on you to deal with the company the broker has contracted with to fulfill your shipping order. This can be a serious headache and cause unneeded stress and anxiety as you try to figure out who you need to speak to about your transport order at the company with whom the broker contracted.
Brokers will try to sell your auto transport order to the lowest bidder to maximize their profits. The auto carrier who buys your order may or may not be able to fulfill your order for the fee they are getting paid by the broker. Sometimes brokers have trouble finding a carrier willing to ship a car for the amount they are offered. This has led to many customers encountering long delays in pickup, if their car is picked up at all.
- Cost: When you get an instant auto shipping quote, make sure all the fees are included with the quote. Honest car haulers will give you a reasonable shipping quote and be up front about all the costs and fees that are included in the quote so you know what to expect. Also, reputable auto hauling companies will honor the quote they give you instead of surprising you with extra costs you may not find out about until it is time to pay for the delivery of your vehicle.
An auto transport broker arranges shipments and acts as the agent between customers and shippers. The transport quote you get from broker may not include all the fees the carrier may impose, and may be a terminal-to-terminal quote, not door-to-door car transport, which means you will have to get your vehicle to a terminal for it to be picked up and pick it up from terminal once it is delivered. This can increase the transport time and cost as the terminal may charge storage fees while it has your car.
These are a few reasons you may find for booking your car shipping order with auto haulers instead of auto transport brokers. In any case, research the companies you get shipping quotes from and see what other customers have to say about the company’s performance before you decide which car delivery service you decide to use. A little homework on the front end will save a lot stress and headache on the back end.