It Helps to Ship Your Car with Auto Transport Brokers
People need to ship cars. Sometimes you’re moving, or relocating for a job, and need to get your car delivered to your new home.
What if you found your dream car from a seller in a different state and need to get your new purchase shipped to you? Perhaps you’ve purchased a new vehicle and want to gift your old one to a child heading off to college, or a family member in need across the country. Maybe you’re a snowbird.
Understanding Auto Transport Brokers
When you’re in the market to ship a car, and you look for a car delivery service online, you’re going to find two kinds of companies: transporters and brokers.
We want to help you understand what it means to be an auto transport broker and what exactly it is they do. Auto transport brokers basically act like middlemen between you and an auto hauling company.
The main benefit of using a broker is choice.
When you get a quote from a broker, they will offer your transport to the network of car shippers they work with. A broker will charge you a fee for shipping your car, however, they likely won’t actually execute the shipping themselves.
The J&S Quality Standard
J&S is primarily a car transporter with our own fleet of trucks, but we are also a licensed broker. Many brokers will take your email and farm it out to their subsidiaries, resulting in your inbox being flooded by offers from a slew of companies.
You can rest assured knowing J&S Transportation will never do that.
We’ll do the legwork for you and find the right car carrier for your transport. We won’t give out your email or contact info until we’ve secured a transporter for your order.
At that point, the only time your contact information will be released is so the carrier can contact you to make pickup and delivery arrangements.
Even if we broker your order, we’ll be your one point of contact throughout the transport of your vehicle.
We’re not just an auto transport broker. We also do lots of our own car shipping, so we thoroughly know the ins and outs of the auto transport business.
Find the Right Car Shipper For You
Unless you transport vehicles regularly, you probably don’t have a lot of experience working with auto haulers.
How can you find a good car hauling service on the first try?
There are no guarantees, but if you follow these steps you’ll have a much better chance:
- Get quotes from as many auto shippers as you want.
- Research the companies you’re most interested in having ship your car.
- Look into the company’s history.
Reputable companies will offer free auto shipping quotes with no obligation from you.
How long have they been around? If it’s been a while, the odds are they have a good record.
Check them out on rating sites like the Better Business Bureau.
Choosing Auto Transport Brokers
When you book your vehicle transport order, don’t base your decision solely on the cost of auto shipping.
If you’ve gotten a number of quotes from different companies, you’ll see there is a range of prices but they’re all usually in the same ballpark. A quote that is unusually low may be a red flag.
Here are some more tips to help you find quality car transporters:
- Don’t limit your choices:
- Beware Guaranteed Delivery Times:
- Don’t be seduced by the cheapest quote:
- New to the Game:
– Be sure to get several quotes from a number of car moving companies before choosing. Compare rates and services.
– A reputable vehicle shipper will not give you a guaranteed delivery date. There are too many factors that can impact the pickup and delivery of your vehicle.
– An honest company will give you a solid estimate of how long it will take to deliver your car and will do their best to stick to it. Also, if there is a delay, companies with good customer service will call you to let you know what is going on with the transport.
– If a broker guarantees delivery dates or times, make sure you get it in writing. Verbal agreements mean nothing.
– Everybody wants to save money, and going with the lowest quote you get isn’t always a bad idea.
– However, if there’s a quote that is significantly lower than the rest of the competition it may be a red flag. Make sure the quote you receive will be the quote you pay.
– Trustworthy brokers will make sure you know all fees up front, instead of surprising you with hidden charges.
– While past performance is no guarantee of future results, would you prefer to use a broker without a reliable history, or one with a proven track record of safety and reliability?
– Make sure the broker you choose to ship your car has the experience and knowledge to deliver your car quickly and safely.
– You’ll have to do some checking. Believe it or not, there are companies out there that have actually changed their names to hide their bad reputations.
Prepping Your Vehicle to Ship:
Once you’ve placed your car transport order, doing these 5 quick checks will help ensure an easy and stress-free transport.
This will make it easier for you and the transporter:
- Wash your car!
- Make sure your vehicle is emptied of personal items.
- Leave only 1/8 of a tank of fuel in the vehicle.
- Make sure the tires are inflated and the brakes are working.
- Make sure someone is there to give the keys to the auto transport truck driver.
Making sure the car is clean makes it easier for you and the carrier to do a proper vehicle inspection when your car is picked up.
This ain’t UPS.
If the brakes aren’t working, or if the vehicle is inoperable, there is an extra charge due to the added work and planning that goes into shipping an inoperable vehicle.
Good Auto Transport Brokers Give Quality Service
J&S has been in the car delivery business since 2001. During those 10+ years of shipping cars, we’ve encountered darn near every kind of problem that can arise with car transports.
And we’ve got the know-how and experience to deal with inconveniences as they appear.
We pride ourselves on our communication, dedication to customer service, and the safe and quick delivery of your vehicle.