All car shippers are not the same
Be informed. Some questions to keep in mind when looking for car shippers include:
- What kind of service do you need, door-to-door or terminal-to-terminal?
- Is the company an auto transport broker, a lead generator, or an actual auto shipping company?
- How is their customer service reputation?
- Can you get a real person on the phone when you need one?
- Does their representative tell you the truth or only what you want to hear? There are things that auto transporters CAN’T do, and you’ll want to work with someone who will be honest with you about what is and what is not possible in auto shipping.
- Does the company have a good on-time delivery record?
Here’s a list of actions to help you tell good companies from bad:
1. Get quotes from different auto transport companies. After getting quotes, research the companies who sent them to you.
2. Visit a customer review board to see what other folks have to say about the companies you are considering hiring to transport your vehicle.
3. Make sure the company is a real car transport service and not a broker or lead generating company who will sell your information. Do you get a staff person on the phone or simply an operator in a call center?
4. Check out the auto hauling companies with the Better Business Bureau. Even if they aren’t a member of the BBB, they will have a rating.
5. Make sure the auto hauler is licensed, bonded, and has insurance on file with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. Good and reputable car shippers will be licensed, bonded, and insured. They should also have their license posted on their site and have a link to the USDOT/FMCSA for you to verify their status.
6. Ask family and friends about their auto transport experiences. Recommendations from someone you trust are a good way to find a good auto shipping company.
7. Look for customer testimonials on the car carriers‘ sites. Auto haulers with good customer service will highlight customer reviews.
8. After your vehicle is delivered, give a testimonial relating your experience with the auto transport company. This will help future potential customers researching auto transport companies.
There are companies in this industry that frankly do not care about how they perform their services, and the results are that customers lose money, patience, and time. Asking the right questions and getting good information will make the decision on which auto transporter to use much easier and stress free.
You have many choices when looking for auto hauling companies, but if you know what to look for in an auto transport company no matter whom you choose you’ll get great & reliable service.