How to save money on car haulers in four steps
There are a lot of factors that determine the cost to ship a car, but if you follow these four steps, you will be able to find a reputable transport service that will ship your car door to door without it costing you an arm and a leg.
4 steps to save money on car haulers
- Get quotes from several auto transport companies: Get online and get quotes from multiple auto transport companies. Shop around. This is the best way to find a reasonable auto shipping cost.
Tips when you ship a car
- While saving money when you use a car transport service is a good idea, don’t automatically go with the cheapest quote. A cheap vehicle hauling quote can result in a number of headaches and end up costing more in the long run.
- Beware of car transporters that say your vehicle will be picked up within the standard 1-7 days despite a quote which is $200-$400 lower than everyone else. Ninety-nine percent of the time this will not be the case.
- While a couple of hundred dollars in savings is nothing to sneeze at, in the long run the cheap car shipping quote may end up costing you way more in time, unneeded stress and hidden charges. Not to mention the impact on your life if you have to be without your car for an extended period of time. If you need to rent a car while you wait for your car to be delivered, that will cost you extra money as well.
- Research the car movers you want to hire to ship your car. Read customer reviews, look them up on ratings agencies and check out their safety records with the FMCSA. Remember, forewarned is forearmed.